Kicking off the New Year

New years is always kind of a weird night. I've always seemed to end up at some random party where I don't know anyone. This year we had a different idea! Alyssa and I decided to take a spontaneous trip to Arches National Park. We packed some food, blankets, and a toothbrush (that we never actually got around to using) and headed south. I'll admit that it got a tiny bit cold and I was way too tired for pillow talk once we got there so I didn't last until midnight. The entire drive up I finally got to chat away with Alyssa again. A week without her was way too long. We talked all about what was different now than a year ago and what we want to accomplish in the next 365 days. 

Here's what I got: 2017:
1. I FINALLY figured out that I want to be a nurse when I grow up.
2. I've got rock solid roommates.
3. I'm going through a recovery plan that is actually getting me places.
4. There are friends all around me that I trust and that love me for me.
5. My relationship with my family is 100 times better.
6. I can look back on 2017 and even with my failures, I am proud of myself. 

2017 was good but I'm expecting even more growth, progress, and adventures in 2018. I'm hoping this is the year I'll be done with the therapy and dietitians, I'll hopefully learn to love myself and some hot man for eternity, I'll be applying for nursing schools ahhhh, medical internships and jobs will be getting started, and I'll travel overseas! Guys I can't wait!  













This adventure to Arches really set my expectations high for 2018! Don't worry. Alyssa made sure I followed the food plan the whole time. I didn't even skip afternoon snack.

Comments

Popular Posts