2,000 Calories and 1 Month Later

A month ago I was down to about 400 calories a day. I fell asleep in almost every class, short term memory really helped me struggle to remember everything I studied, I was constantly irritable (Lauren calls it hangry), nobody was allowed to see me vulnerable or weak, I was bloated if I ate more than vegetables, I cared more about working out in between my classes than making it to my lab in time, and I was obsessed about food. I hated it. Meals were a waste of time. Relationships were horrifying. Dating never went passed a first date. Ten years of dealing with an eating disorder. If feels like I've made more improvement in the past month than I have in so many years.

I think the greatest thing is I'm happy. I found out that 2000 calories can make you happy. It means you have energy to be a good student, friend, and daughter. I have the energy to play the roles that I need. Skyler, Alyssa, Joe, Tiff and so many others have all told me they have seen me transform. Guys I even understand CHEMISTRY. I am me again. In my public speaking class we had an assignment called an "Elevator Speech". Basically we have two minutes to explain who we are to a complete stranger and make us sound as impressive as possible.  

I am Carly Barton. I'm a student at BYU, studying Exercise and Wellness with the hope of eventually being a registered nurse. I love being outdoors and anything active or adventurous. My family and friends are everything. Ice cream is my favorite dessert. Pumpkin is my favorite flavor of just about anything. I have recently discovered that I hate running with a passion. Speeding is a regular thing in my car. I'm happiest when I have a pair of ice skates on. I follow more puppy accounts on instagram than I can count. Cacti are my spirit plant. Washing my hair is a weekly activity. I used to avoid showing emotion like the plague. Recently I've learned that emotions make us who we are. It allows us to be close to people. Bad emotions are essential in order to have the good ones. 2000 calories always feels hard. I get mad at my roommates regularly for making me eat. In the end, I'm happier than I've ever been. I am Carly Barton and I am ALMOST Ed free. 

Comments

Popular Posts