Daunting Lists

I am one of those humans that loves check lists. Mostly I love the part of being able to check things off when one task is accomplished. On Monday, I found out I got into one of the nursing schools I had applied for! You wouldn't believe how high my screeching was or how long it lasted. The world became cloud 9. Then I realized that getting into the program means taking an organic chemistry class this summer and getting CNA certified before August 21st. Getting in without any complications would have been too easy. 
The second this was discovered, I started making lists. There's four more essays to write for applications, o-chem class, CNA class, finding a summer job around those classes, assignments for the semester, finding out the best place to live this summer if I'm taking classes, figuring out if West Minster is the best school for me, figuring out a timeline for everything feels overwhelming and scary as Hell. Skyler, Jaise, and Tiff reminded me that all these things don't need to be accomplished in a day. Walking through the grocery store today made me realize I have a ton of work to do if I'm going to make money to support myself through nursing school, get ready for nursing school, and finish out my last semester strong. This easy semester just got a little more stressful. Anyone want to write my application essays for me?

Comments

Popular Posts